Are you considering Belize in your investment plans? Belize has a solid track record which makes it an logical investment country. But aside from the basics, what’s it really like to live there? We found the website Expat Exchange that has tons of forums on living in foreign countries.
Considering driving your car to Belize? Wondering about the schools there? Can you bring your dog? Can you stream your favorite Netflix shows in Belize? Read what expats say about living in Belize here.
Here’s the basic Belize info that every investor should know.
- Belize is an English speaking country.
- It’s easy to get to. There are frequent flights from the U.S.
- Belize enjoys a stable government and the Belizean dollar is fixed to the US dollar.
- It’s easy to get a foreign residency and benefit from the tax benefits this brings.
- Belize has the largest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere (recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site) and hundreds of exotic cayes, world-class fishing and diving…not to mention jungles alive with parrots, toucans, awe-inspiring Mayan ruins and even jaguars.
Check out Smart International’s properties in Belize.